Saturday, April 28, 2018

April 28th

Another morning where I could have slept longer, I had to get up and lead several members of the group over to Saint George's Market about a twenty minute walk from the hotel. I had coffee in my room before going down for breakfast and they were all waiting for me, ready to go.
When we got to the market, it was overflowing with people. There were vendors selling everything from original oil paintings, bog oak carvings, Celtic jewelry, to fresh produce, fish, meats, and very kind of baked goods you can imagine. Food from all over the world, just amazing. We had coffee and listened to live music. Ate the best Donegal oyster and a bag full of cockles. Tried a few mini Dutch pancakes too. I have never seen the quality of meats on display anywhere in the USA.
We returned to the hotel and twelve of us went to see "An Coleen Bawn", an old Irish melodramatic/comedic piece written in 1860. It was on at the Lyric Theater near Queens University, the theater where both Liam Nelson and Kenneth Branagh got their starts. A beautiful 400 seat space, about half full for the matinee and I knew one of the actors in the production. A lot of fun and fantastic acting and choreography.
It was a leisurely day really, and we got back in time for dinner. Tonight we had salmon roulade or tomato and mozzarella salad, followed by Shepard's Pie and Pasta Carbonara. All quite tasty. Some of the gang went out again tonight, on the town...for me "been there, done that"... We're up early in the morning and heading for Dublin Airport at 9am. Many of the group are returning to Los Angeles tomorrow and several are staying an extra few days and going on trips from Dublin. Looks like all my Ireland family are in Dublin this week and I expect I will see all of them...Brenda, Arthur, Fergus, Raymond and Martin...I'm flying to London for a few days this Thursday to see my sister Sandra and her family. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone before I fly back next Tuesday week.
It's been a very successful tour, I used that term because everybody is still in one piece and we had no mishaps to speak of. I will say that my tours are unique because I design and plan every detail, none of the major tour carriers go to some of the places I bring people.
Until next year, my friends...bon voyage if you're traveling, and think about a trip with me in the future..God speed.....Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment